Friday, February 13, 2009

Home Sweet Home -- Sort of



I have never posted this many pictures and then attempt to write in amongst them!
Here we go!
As promised -- here's pictures of "the Virginia place".

Most everything is self-explanatory.The bathroom is brown and sort of an aqua/blue color deco. The bedroom is the same aqua/blue color. Colors I would have never picked out -- but very much fun!
Llaura will especially LOVE the floor lamp next to the sofa!! I'm sure she'll like the baskets in the bathroom, as well. See what you get for leaving things at Mom & Dad's!!!


The living room furniture will be absolutely adorable in a Sun Room somewhere -- someday. There are actually seven different pieces of fabric in the sofa and the chair. Girls, please know I had a difficult time trying to find doilies!!! They are hard to find!

But....alas I found some! I'm thinking of dying them a deep rose/almost red color. I think they'll look cute on the white tables, with the white lamps.

The bedroom furniture is a knock-off version of the our bedroom set back home. It's functional and provides a place to rest my head at night and store clothes! I should have taken pictures of the night stands before the new furniture was delivered. They were the "McGyver" version -- one was a microwave box and the other a box that some pans came in!!! Gosh, I miss having Ed around!

Don't you just love the bathroom? The picture of the hat is actually a little rug. I thought it was pretty dang cute. I didn't go too crazy with ALL the bath accessories -- most of them looked pretty cheesy. The shower curtain, the rug, and the cute towels were quite enough!

YES -- I do have room for guests!!! The sofa pulls out to a queen-sized bed. And.....I do have a sewing room equipped with a blow-up bed! No pics of that room quite yet -- as it's still a work in progress.


OK -- time to post this blog. I truly can't figure out how to get the right words with the right pictures. I know you can figure it out!



Til later ~~ Mom/Candy/Chief

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to see my favorite CW5 all settle into her new Taj Mahal. How is the job going? How is Virginia? Done much site seeing? How about your commute to work? Is it okay? After living and working on post last year, I found that a short commute really means a lot to me. I loved going home right after PT to shower, eat breakfast, and then getting another whole hour and half at home over lunch. I was at home so much it was hard to know when the weekend started and ended.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for keeping up with your posting! And pictures! Your apartment is cute! Glad you're getting settled in. I know a munchkin who would love to cut his teeth on some of your new furniture... :)

Laura R. said...

I LOVE it! And I'm glad my stuff is getting some use! We can't have them up in the attic getting lonely... Can't wait to see it all in person!

~Laura

Laura R. said...

And God help us with the doilies...