Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Here's Your Sign

You've heard the joke -- "here's your sign!"

I just hate stupid people.They should have to wear signs that just say I'm stupid.That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you?You wouldn't ask them anything. It would be like, "Excuse me...oops,never mind""I didn't see your sign."It's like before my wife and I moved from Texas to California our housewas full of boxes and there was a u-Haul truck in our driveway.My friend comes over and says, "Hey, You moving?""Nope.""We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week. Just to see how manyboxes it takes.""Here's your sign."

I felt like that today!!! Only the joke was on me. I am still somewhat living out of my car (literally!) I left San Antonio on December 23rd bound for points North then East. I have packed and unpacked my car too numerous to count. When I arrived at Fort Lee Lodging (where I'll be until the end of the month when I can finally get into the apartment!) I was told I would have to move rooms one time during my four week stay. Great!

Today was the day. I inquired at the lodging office (in another building) and asked if I'd be in the same building -- nope -- a totally different building. So last night I made at least 6 trips back and forth to the car to load the trunk and the back seat of the car. This morning I made an additional six or seven trips to get all the little totes (Laura taught me to use them :) ) to the car. It was full -- trunk, back seat, passenger seat, every nook and cranny everywhere. I could NOT see out the rear-view mirror. Thank heavens for side mirrors. I drove over to the lodging office to check out of one room, to get the new key for the new room.

Here's the good part -- the door to my new room was literally 20 steps away from the old room!!! It is a different building, they're connected with covered walk-ways. I felt like I was on Candid Camera or something. The walk to the parking lot is about 75 steps (one way!) I could not believe it.

I had to laugh and think -- "Candy, here's your sign!"

Til later ~~ Mom/Candy/Chief

P. S. I would have taken pics, but it was dark (AND COLD) by the time I got off work and had to "unpack" this evening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time -- how frustrating!

I'm so proud of you for your diligent blogging. You should tell Grandpa that he can be a guest blogger! Or maybe Chip! I think we might need a weekly Chip update.

We miss you! See you soon.

Laura R. said...

I vote against the Chip update. We all know he speaks French, so no one would understand him anyway... And Mom- I'm so proud of you for using the totes!! :) Soon you'll be settled in your new flat- and it'll be great!

~Laura

Anonymous said...

Laura said "flat". haha. Talk about speaking another language... :)

Laura R. said...

Oh shut up. ...I mean "be quiet."

~Laura